The BrightHearts App is a heart-rate controlled artwork originally designed for use during medical procedures – as a biofeedback assisted relaxation-training app to help manage the pain and anxiety experienced by patients, children in particular, who undergo recurrent painful procedures.
The BrightHearts App has broader applications as the goal of the interaction is to explore ways to decrease user’s heart rate and act as a relaxation tool.
The BrightHearts App can record and store heart rate data – but this function must be enabled by the user. For medical purposes, it is only a function that researchers are informed about (and accessed with a particular technique from the settings screen).
Your privacy is important to us. Your data is your own. We will only use it according to the policies outlined below.
If you have questions about deleting or correcting your personal data please contact the author, George Khut Email: email@example.com
What is Personal Information?
Personal information is any information about you that identifies you or information by which your identity can be reasonably identified. The BrightHearts App does not collect or use information that can be considered sensitive information under the Act.
The BrightHearts App allows you to observe and track variations to your heart rate for the period you choose to interact with it. The information it collects is not transmitted outside of the app.
No personally-identifying information is transmitted to external locations when using The BrightHearts App.
Collection of personal information – what, how and why
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- your name, address, telephone and email contact details;
- your gender, date of birth or age and marital status;
- your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- details of the products and services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and respond to your enquiries;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website or indirectly through your use of our website or app or online presence or through other websites or accounts from which you permit us to collect information;
- information you provide to us through customer surveys; or
- any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
We may collect these types of personal information either directly from you, or from third parties. We may collect this information when you:
- register on our website or download The BrightHearts App;
- communicates with us in person, by phone, via mail, through
- correspondence, chats, email, or online;
- interact with our sites, services, or content.
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to operate, protect, improve and optimise The BrightHearts App and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics and to conduct research;
to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
- to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you; and
We can aggregate your non-personally identifiable data.
By using The BrightHearts App, you agree that we can access and aggregate data we have collected from you using reasonable steps to use your personal information in a way it does not personally identify you. We may access, aggregate this data for our own use or for use by third parties:
- to audit, research, measure and analyse the information in order to maintain, administer, enhance and protect our products, including analysing usage trends and patterns and measuring the effectiveness of features;
- for health and medical research, public health and service activities, healthcare and medical related services; and
- to prepare aggregate reports for current or future sponsors or other partners to show trends about the general use of our products. Such reports may include age, gender, geographic, demographic or other general user information, but do not include personal information that personally identifies you.
Disclosure of personal information outside Australia
If we send your information outside of Australia, we will require that the recipient of the information complies with local privacy laws and contractual obligations to maintain the security of the data.
A cookie is a string of information that a website stores on a visitor’s computer, and that the visitor’s browser provides to the website each time the visitor returns. No cookies are collected from the site that will host this policy: www.georgekhut.com